It’s our first Tip Tuesday – woo hoo! And we’re giving you a quick rundown on how you can get verified on Facebook and/or Instagram.
If you’ve ever wondered how to get that blue checkmark beside your profile name, this Tip Tuesday will walk you through the steps to do so plus explain the qualifications you must meet in order to earn that checkmark.
Here’s a sneak peek of the episode:
- [0:33] Why profiles are awarded verification
- [1:00] The actual steps to take on your Instagram profile or Facebook page to request verification
- [1:55] The requirements your profile must meet on Facebook or Instagram in order to get verification (there are 3 of them!)
- [4:20] The ultimate reason Facebook and Instagram will decide to grant verification (this one may surprise you!)
- [5:00] What happens after you apply for verification and what your next steps are if you’re rejected
- [5:35] Why you may get verified on one platform but not the other
- [5:58] Common misconceptions about verification debunked!
If you’re the video-watching type, here’s the episode in video format: